Weather Warning "Sever Heavy Rain in upper Thailand and strong winds in Andaman Sea "
No. 5 Time Issued May 24, 2017
During 24-28 May, more rain with heavy somewhere is expected in the Northeast and the eastern North following with the Central and the East including Bangkok and it vicinity.
During 24-25 May
- Northeast: Loei, Nong Bua Lam Phu, Udon Thani, Nong Khai, Bueang Kan, Sakon Nakhon, Nakhon Phanom, Mukdahan, Amnat Charoen, Ubon Ratchathani, Si Sa Ket, YaSothon, Roi Et, Kalasin and Maha Sarakham.
- North: Chiang Mai, Chiang Rai, Lamphun, Lampang, Phayao, Phrae, Nan, Uttaradit, Phitsanulok, Phetchabun and Sukhothai.
During 26-28 May
-Northeast: Loei, Nong Bua Lam Phu, Khon Kaen, Chaiyaphum, Nakhon Ratchasima, Surin, Buri Ram, Si Sa Ket and Ubon Ratchathani.
- North: Mae Hong Son, Chiang Mai, Chiang Rai, Lamphun, Lampang, Sukhothai, Phitsanulok, phichit, Kamphaeng and Tak.
- Central: Nakhon Sawan, Uthai Thani, Chai Nat, Suphan Buri, Lop Buri, Saraburi, Phra Nakhon Si Ayutthaya, Kanchanaburi, Ratchaburi, Samut Songkhram and Samut Sakhon including Bankok and its vicinity.
The East and The South: rainfall thought out and isolated heavy to every heavy rain in Nakhon Nayok, Prachin Buri, Chachoengsao, Sa Kaeo, Chon Buri, Rayong, Chanthaburi, Trat, Ranong, Phangnga, Phuket, Krabi, Trang and Satun.
- The wind waves in the Andaman Sea are likely 2-3 meters high.
People in the areas should beware of flash flood. All ships should proceed with caution, and small boats keep ashore.
The low pressure covers Vietnam and Tonkin Bay, and the stronger southwest monsoon prevails across the Andaman Sea and Thailand. During 26-28 May, the low pressure covers in the lower of Bay of Bengal will strength and will move to the upper of Bay of Bengal and Myanmar. Abundance rain and isolated heavy to very heavy rain in the country. The wind wave in the Andaman Sea is stronger.
This advisory is in effect on 24 May 2017, at 05.00 p.m.
The next issue will be at 24 May 2017 at 11.00 p.m.